What’s your “EDC” Gear?
We all carry various items in our pockets and key chains and I am always interested to see what peoples ideas are on EDC gear and what you find really useful. I have given an example in the picture above of just the sort of thing I am talking about. My typical EDC is:
- A TBS Boar EDC Pocket Knife – Of course!!
- A good quality watch – in this case with a very comfortable wide leather strap and nDur watchband compass
- A 550 Paracord Bracelet with Ferrocium Rod Toggle and washer/striker
- A Phone in an Otterbox Case
- A wallet with all the normal gubbins plus a Fresnel Lense and an ESEE Survival Card
- The Key Ring consists of a Tac Link Karabiner
- An Exotac Nano Striker
- A Swiss Tech Utili-Key
- A “Nitestick” – to illuminate them if & when you drop them.
- A Schrade Titanium Pry Tool
- An Uncle Bills Silver Gripper Key Chain Trio which consists of a set of tweezers, a can opener and a torch
- A Tops Dog Tag Signal Mirror
- House/Car Keys – Obviously!
I feel it is a good array of gear and everything has proved its worth over the years. The things that essentially never leave me are the TBS Boar knife, the Paracord Bracelet, the watch & phone. I think they represent a good selection of tools that would prove invaluable in an emergency but if you stick to, what I feel, are the hardest things to go without in an emergency they would be:
- A good cutting tool
- Some cordage
- Help in starting a fire (firesteel)
Obviously in a real emergency the phone only comes into its own if you have a signal so it renders it a fairly useless object but the watch is certainly a more important thing simply for keeping track of time and being a good aid to navigation
What is in your EDC???