The TimberWolf is a an absolute cracker and has been very well received and used and abused all over the Wolrd. We now have a sustainable source of harvested figured Turkish Walnut and we think this looks amazing. Not only a beautiful looking beast it is highly practical.
At The Bushcraft Store we strive to bring you the very best products and this DEFINITELY makes the list. We are very happy with this one and Gary at GM Handmade knives has done us proud.
This knife is, yet again, bombproof. It is strong enough for all those Bushcraft tasks yet sharp enough to skin and use for field butchery. It is Scandi ground so it is dead easy to maintain and a breeze to sharpen.
It is handled in Turkish Walnut which is shaped to be amazingly ergonomic whatever way around you are holding it. We have been looking for another great wood to use for this knife and this is it. It not only looks great it is very easy to maintain as you simply need to clean it and apply a bit of oil occasionally. Remember Turkish Walnut is the number 1 choice for gunstocks and with good reason, looks good, performs well and is easy to maintain.
It comes in tough full grain leather sheath with a firesteel sheath attached and also comes with a matching, 9.5mm thick, full size Ferrocium rod Swedish firesteel which gives an amazing amount of white hot sparks.
- 01 High Carbon 4mm thick Sheffield Steel - razor sharp and easy to maintain - Thicker than many other knives.(Carbon .85% / 1.05%, Manganese 1.00% /1.40%, Tungsten .40% /.60%, Chromium .40% /.60%, Vanadium .15% /.30%)
- A 4mm thick and 110mm long Scandi Ground blade etched with the makers mark and the Wolf Paw logo. 230mm overall.
- Tempered to an RC of 58/59
- Turkish Walnut handle scales secured with epoxy resin, Loveless bolts and a brass lanyard hole. The wood is simply treated in an oil bath overnight for maximum absorption to give a natural weatherproof finish.
- Fibre Liners.
- Hand stitched 3 to 4mm thick leather sheath with a Firesteel sheath and leg lanyard hole
- Matching Walnut handled Army size firesteel.
All in all this is a brilliant piece of kit that would be an asset to anyone's stable and we are glad to be able to bring you an English handmade product that will last a lifetime and perform faultlessly. Please note that the Turkish Walnut with differ from knife to knife as it is a completely natural product.
Check out the new TimberWolf Pup knife in Store today!!
Watch the review and effortless capabilities on You Tube
Made in England