We like this one! The Hexagon Wood Stove is compact, lightweight, super strong, wonderfully engineered and fantastically practical. You can use it in all kinds of ways:
- Simply light a fire in it for controlled open cooking as it is raised off the ground and has plenty of ventilation.
- Use it in conjunction with one of the Vargo range of Meths burners as a wind sheild.
- Use it with a Trangia type burner as a wind sheild.
- Use solid fuel (Haximine, Tri-oxane or similar) for a solid fuel burner
The Hexagon backpacking wood stove folds to a slim compact size, requiring little space in your pack. The individual Stainless Steel panels are completely hinged and snap easily into place for quick set-up. Durable Stainless Steel construction is able to endure long term heat without damage. The conical shape focuses heat upward, directing it to your pot, for quick efficient cooking. A hinged access door can be opened or closed for air control, as well as re-fueling.
- Nylon carrying case included
- Unfolded dimensions: 4” height x 5” base diameter x 3” top diameter
- Weight: 7.4 oz.
This is a real winning product as there is no fiddling about putting it together, it is dead simple, it will last for ages as it won't rust or warp with the heat and it can be used in many different guises.