When it comes to wilderness chores, sometimes simple and straightforward is the best approach. The ESEE Camp-Lore JG5 is James Gibsons take on a classic Nessmuk design.
The ESEE JG5 features a 4.75″ blade with a 4.9″ handle, 1/8″ thick 1095 HC steel blade, 90 degree spine for striking a Ferro rod and a leather pouch sheath. It may not be pretty but it is designed to work, like all the other ESEE Knives.
CAMP-LORE JG5 SPECS:
- Overall Length: 9.63”
- Blade Overall Length: 4.75”
- Cutting Edge Length: 4.7”
- Thickness: .125”
- Weight (without sheath): 9 oz.
- Steel: 1095 Carbon, 55-57 Rc.
- Blade Finish: Tumbled Black Oxide
- Handles: Sculptured Micarta
- Sheath: Leather Pouch