Folding Firebox Titanium Campfire Stove (Gen 2) - Deluxe Kit
LIMITED EDITION - This is no sales ploy or "urgent call to action" (to use some crass management speak!). I genuinely only have 6 of these sets and I am not certain they are going to be made again so if you want one don't hang around.
The Folding Firebox Stove is simply the best solid fuel stove on the market, no if's, no buts. There have been all sorts of imitations, copies jigsaw puzzle stoves and many more but they are genuinely not as well engineered or functioning than the Folding Firebox. Some come close but none surpass it.
They have decided to take it to another level with a limited production run of a Titanium model that we have combo'd up to make a superb kit which includes:
Firebox Stove - (5" G2) Deluxe Kit comes with - Boil Plate, Grill Plate and Two Additional Fire Sticks, Extended Grill Plate & the adjustable Fire Grate. We have then added our very own TBS Folding Firebox Canvas Carry Case (the black cordura case pictured is not included)
At half the weight, the Titanium G2 5" Firebox Stove is very specialised for those wanting the larger size, burn performance, and amazing versatility of its heavy duty big brother which is made of Stainless Steel. This multi-fuel cook stove is able to utilise wood and other fuels found in nature. Solid fuel tablets, alcohol burners, iso-butane gas burners, gel fuels (Sterno), wood pellets or charcoal briquettes. The Titanium Firebox Stove is also easy to set up. It effortlessly opens into position, and when it's time to go it folds flat - ready to slide into your pack.
Firebox have been testing this stove all camping season and have increasingly felt that its performance seemed a little better than the original Stainless Steel Firebox. It's especially evident when camping at 11K ft. It took a few days of thinking "We must be crazy" before they realised that perhaps Titanium's much lower conductivity means more heat gets reflected back into the fire for an even more efficient burn. There's enough of a difference that I'm sure you'll see it too.
- Half the weight of the Stainless Steel G2 5" Firebox Stove.
- Cools much faster than Stainless Steel.
- Low conductivity
- Much higher corrosion resistance.
- Multi fuel versatility
- No assembly, hinged construction (A true folding stove.)
- Multiple cooking configurations and multiple accessories
- Weight of stove alone: 14.6 oz.
- Ashpan: .07 oz. (prototype wt. actual wt may vary.)
- Firesticks: 2.2 oz. (2)
- Firesticks and AshpanTi Firebox, weight: 17.5 oz.
- Width: 5.0” (12.7 cm)
- Height: 7.5” (19 cm)
- Folded: .375” (.95 cm)
1. Burn In Procedure- In testing this stove, I started with small fires and worked my way up to larger fires. In the past when heat testing Ti Firebox Stove prototypes I always started with a very big fire which didn't yield satisfactory results. I don't know why or even if it really makes a difference, but I think there may be advantages to taking it slow. You can see by watching the video that I've put my Ti Firebox Stove through its paces. By only using cooking fires, no bigger than necessary, you may yield even better results than me.