Outhaus Hobart Aussie Style Canvas Swag
The Hobart is the epitome of traditional swag camping. It is an updated version of the age-old Aussie bedroll combining shelter and mattress in one lightweight roll.
A Swag is an ideal piece of kit for the great outdoors as at the end of a hard day it goes up and down in seconds. In under a minute and you’re ready to curl up and sleep under the stars. The swag can be used with the supplied mattress or with your own sleep mat or inflatable mattress, depending on your preference. The swag will roll up smaller without the 50mm mattress so it can be carried on foot some distance.
This is a supremely comfortable way to camp and I have a habit of still setting up a Basha or Tarp above the Swag entrance to, not only make it more weatherproof around the doorway, it allows you to get out and stand up, dress and wash in comfort. Even better set your Swag up next to a vehicle and use one of the vehicle awnings - luxury!
- Features include:
- 400g (12oz) proofed rip-stop poly-cotton canvas
- 50mm high density supportive mattress with removable cover
- 38mm heavy duty webbing compression straps
- Internal pocket for keys, torch etc
- PVC boot mat
- Strong 550g PVC floor
- Double zip allowing full length entry and additional ventilation
- 3 eyelets/tie off points at head end
- 1 eyelet/tie off point at foot end
- Bug-stop insect screen
- Large head flap
*due to the nature of canvas, the swag will need to be weathered to become totally waterproof. This just means it needs to get wet and dry a few times to allow the canvas fibres to expand and interlock although the swags are pretty much dry straight out of the box. Pole not included
- Approximate dimensions:
- Rolled up with mattress: 920mm x 300mm
- Rolled up without mattress: 1000mm x 150mm, can also be folded flat
- Unrolled: 2100mm x 900mm
- Mattress: 50mm x 2000mm x 900mm
- Weight: 6kg (including mattress)
- Weight: 4.15kg (excluding mattress)