Outhaus Oxley Aussie Style Canvas Swag
Outhaus Swags are cracking bits of kit. A Swag is an ideal piece of kit for "All in One Camping" as they are a shelter and a mattress/bed all in one package and all you really need to add is a sleeping bag, blankets or even a duvet. Outhaus have spent many months fine tuning this swag to bring you a high quality robust Australian style canvas swag.
A Swag is an ideal piece of kit for the great outdoors as at the end of a hard day it goes up and down in seconds. In under a minute and you’re ready to curl up and sleep under the stars. The swag can be used with the supplied mattress or with your own sleep mat or inflatable mattress, depending on your preference. The swag will roll up smaller without the 50mm mattress so it can be carried on foot some distance.
This is a supremely comfortable way to camp and I have a habit of still setting up a Basha or Tarp above the Swag entrance to, not only make it more weatherproof around the doorway, it allows you to get out and stand up, dress and wash in comfort. Even better set your Swag up next to a vehicle and use one of the vehicle awnings - luxury!
You can enter this Swag in 2 different ways and the obvious way is through the wide zipped opening on the top. This is the most convenient way to get in and out but when the weather turns really foul you don't want all your bedding getting wet so it is best to enter through the front tunnel entrance.
- 400g (12oz) proofed rip-stop polycotton canvas
- Strong 550g PVC bucket floor
- PVC boot mat
- Covered air-flow vent at the head end
- 50mm high density slab foam mattress with removable cover
- Strong, lightweight aero-grade 8.5mm aluminium poles
- Zip up bug-stop mesh layer
- Half length top cover
- Internal gear storage pockets
- Heavy duty 38mm webbing compression straps
- Top cover and inner mesh unzip on both sides of the swag for easy access
*due to the nature of canvas, the swag will need to be weathered to become totally waterproof. This just means it needs to get wet and dry a few times to allow the canvas fibres to expand and interlock although the swags are pretty much dry straight out of the box.
- Rolled up with mattress: 600mm x 260mm
- Unrolled: 2000mm x 800mm
- Head height: 750mm
- Mattress size: 50mm x 2000mm x 500mm
- Weight: 4.5kg (including mattress, pegs, ropes & poles)