Outhaus Swags are cracking bits of kit. A Swag is an ideal piece of kit for "All in One Camping" as they are a shelter and a mattress/bed all in one package and all you really need to add is a sleeping bag, blankets or even a duvet. Outhaus have spent many months fine tuning this swag to bring you a high quality robust Australian style canvas swag.
A Swag is an ideal piece of kit for the great outdoors as at the end of a hard day it goes up and down in seconds. In under a minute and you’re ready to curl up and sleep under the stars. The swag can be used with the supplied mattress or with your own sleep mat or inflatable mattress, depending on your preference. The swag will roll up smaller without the 50mm mattress so it can be carried on foot some distance.
This is a supremely comfortable way to camp and I have a habit of still setting up a Basha or Tarp above the Swag entrance to, not only make it more weatherproof around the doorway, it allows you to get out and stand up, dress and wash in comfort. Even better set your Swag up next to a vehicle and use one of the vehicle awnings - luxury!
You can enter this Swag in 2 different ways and the obvious way is through the wide zipped opening on the top. This is the most convenient way to get in and out but when the weather turns really foul you don't want all your bedding getting wet so it is best to enter through the front tunnel entrance.
- 400g waterproof*, rip stop, rot proof Polycotton canvas material
- Strong 550g PVC base
- PVC boot mats with rain cover at the head end
- New improved comfy 50mm foam mattress with zip on/off washable cover
- Strong, lightweight 8.5mm Aluminium poles
- Steel pegs
- Black guylines and runners
- Half length zip up bug-stop mesh layer
- 4 x internal storage pockets for keys, phone etc
- Heavy duty 38mm webbing compression straps
- Front window with bug-stop mesh
- Foot vent with bug-stop mesh
- Outer and mesh covers unzip on both sides of the swag
*due to the nature of canvas, the swag will need to be weathered to become totally waterproof. This just means it needs to get wet and dry a few times to allow the canvas fibres to expand and interlock although the swags are pretty much dry straight out of the box.
- Rolled up: 90cm x 33cm
- Unrolled: 215cm x 90cm
- Head height: 80cm
- Mattress: 5cm x 200cm x 85cm
- Weight: 7.5kg