The Survival Stores large survival kit isn't your commonal garden survival tin with all those relatively sub standard bits of kit in it. This the real deal with really useful bits of kit that you really will use in any survival situation.
Remember the general priorities of survival -
● Shelter ● Fire ● Water ● Food ●
Many survival tins are packed with bits of kit that you will probably never need and have an over reliance on "food" (least important aspect). The vast majority of situations you will find yourself in is when it is cold and wet so we have found that if you rely on the first two - Shelter and Fire you will not go far wrong
Shelter - You will die of exposure in a matter of hours
Fire - Goes hand in hand with shelter, warmth and probably more immediately important is it's signal capabilities.
Water - goes without saying but many people have been known to survive days without water.
Food - The least important aspect as you can survive for weeks without food.
Our kit contains:
- A Maxpedition M-5 waistpack - An ideal larger waistpack that will carry all you need.
- A TBS Lynx Knife OR a TBS Boar Knife in Natural Micarta OR an ESEE Model 4 - All 3 choices represent a top quality cutting tool and are built to last. The knives are guaranteed for life.
- An ESEE AH1 Arrowhead - this not only makes a great small knife it is invaluable for hunting.
- 5 Rabbit and small game snares - invaluable for trapping small game.
- US GSA Compliant 550 Paracord - None of your Mickey Mouse nonsense this is the genuine gear straight from the USA and a real bonus for strong shelter making.
- Commando Wire Saw - Invaluble for shelter building
- An Ultimate Survival Strike Force Firesteel - UST make some the best quality gear in the World and have proved to be tough and versatile. They now have US Military Contracts.
- Care Plus Hand gel - Not only is this stuff great for hygene it is highly flammable making a great firelighting aid.
- Waterproof Matchbox - Fill it with strike anywhere matches and you will have no trouble firelighting. Has a built in flint striker in the base for additional firelighting ability.
- UST Starflash Signal Mirror - A heliograph is a piece of kit that is seriously under estimated. You can be seen for miles in the right circumstances and this is an unvaluable addition.
- Signal Whistle - International signal for distress is long loud whistle blasts.
- An Aqaumira water purification straw - Clean water is essential and this will allow you time to drink prior to purify larger quanities by boiling
- Fishing Kit - A top qaulity kit that contains all sorts of quality products from very realistic lures to weight & floats.
- A Smiths Pocket Pal sharpener - Light and compact it is a great addition, a blunt knife is as useful as a chocolate teapot.
- A Silva Watchband Compass - Always useful but not really for navigation as the general rule it is better to stay put, but useful for mapping your surrounding area.
- UST Wetfire Tinder - a great addition to any firelighting kit, this really does float on water alight!
- A Nextorch K1 Compact Flashlight - Small, well built and bright, everything you need from a torch.
- A set of ESEE Survival Cards - These are a great addition to anyone kit. They give you all sorts of important, valuable information.
All in all a pretty comprehensive kit but there is still enough room within the Maxpedition pouch to add some more bits of kit like a pencil and paper or some small medical aids, or simply tailor it to your own demands.
We reserve the right to change any product within the kit without prior notice. We will NOT simply change everything for low quality products it will simply allow us to substitute an item if it happens to be out of stock. We will always replace it with the equivalent value or better quality product and not trade it down.
The colours of items may vary from the photos displayed due to current stock levels.